Latest Blog & Articles
The Power of a Second in Command: Why CEOs Need a COO
As a CEO, you are the helium balloon that lifts your business to new heights. But every balloon needs something to keep it grounded—and that is where your Chief Operating Officer (COO) comes in. A COO is one of the most underrated yet most critical positions on your leadership team. They will execute your ideas,…
CFOs Should Impact More Than Just The Books: A Conversation with SCOPE’s CEO on her take of ‘The Modern CFO’
Did you know that only 10% of companies recognize their Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as a finance only function? If only 10% of businesses have a CFO that solely focuses on finance, what are the other 90% of CFOs up to? We decided to talk with our SHE-E-O, and Founder, Denise, about her take on what it means…
Student Loan Forgiveness – Will it affect my taxes?
We will keep this as simple as possible. On any given day that you have a debt forgiven, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), treats it as taxable income. Debt forgiveness amounts get reported on form 1099-C and added to your gross income on the tax return of year received. Q. Federal Student Loan forgiveness is technically a forgiveness of a debt, correct? A. Yes. Q. Does that mean I…